Monday, February 19, 2007

No profit grows where is no pleasure ta'en

EDIT: this evening over dinner, I scribbled out some poses to go with the Shakespearean dialogue.I was thinking as I drew these characters that it might be fun to use them to animate some dialogue from shakespeare. In particular, I was thinking of this passage from Taming of the Shrew, between Petruchio and Kate, from Act 2, Scene 1:

PETRUCHIO
Come, come, you wasp; i' faith, you are too angry.
KATHARINA
If I be waspish, best beware my sting.

PETRUCHIO
My remedy is then, to pluck it out.
KATHARINA
Ay, if the fool could find it where it lies,
PETRUCHIO
Who knows not where a wasp does wear her sting? In her tail!

KATHARINA
In his tongue!
PETRUCHIO
Whose tongue?

KATHARINA
Yours, if you talk of tails: and so farewell.
PETRUCHIO
What, with my tongue in your tail?
nay, come again,Good Kate;
I am a gentleman!
KATHARINA
That I'll try!

She strikes him.

1 comment:

Josh 'Hat' Lieberman said...

Nice colors on the she-wasp. The colors on the guy wasp, they work, but they remind a lot of the bee from Honey Nut Cheerios. ( i know those are the colors bee's would be, but i would see if you could get a little more unique)