Saturday, January 20, 2007

Welcome to The Dungeon

this is where i do all my drawing/painting/animating. It is an ex-sewing machine table that I modified for my own uses. On it is the painting I'm working on now. On the wall you can see the color test I did on my comp, which I used as a reference to get me started.I applied paint on thickly with an old brush and dabbed at it with a sponge to get texture for the background, then painted the solid shapes, like tables and chairs, over the background. I used my chalk pencils to shade the tables and chairs and give them their own texture, and may do something similar with the lights. The painting is on 4 separate panels so I can scan them into my computer and blend the seams in photoshop.

I'm still trying to decide on the colors for the characters, as well as refining their designs...
...AND I still have 2/3 of the painting to complete, so I oughtta get ta crackin'. Well, here I go- I'm off...

No comments: